This is a great place to add your disclaimers and affiliate links notice so you don't have to write them each time during a blog post!
Monday, September 13, 2021

Pink and Blue Autumn Tablescape Design

This post for a Pink and Blue Autumn Tablescape contains affiliate links. I make a small portion when these links are used, at no additional cost to you. 

I'm going non-traditional with this pink and blue autumn tablescape design. It's filled with very non-fall colors, but I am delighted with how it came together. It allowed me to use all of my favorite blue and white pieces, while adding in lots of pinks here and there. See the entire space below. Plus, this is a Harvest Home blog hop with links to other lovely fall decor ideas included. 

Pink and Blue Autumn Tablescape Design
As I've been toying with the idea of changing this dining room's walls to pink, more and more pink seems to make its way to the space in other areas, too. And this pink and blue autumn tablescape design is certainly no exception. See all of its details below.


Pink and Blue Autumn Tablescape Design

Anyone else a Lou Monte fan? I grew up to my dad playing his tunes. My favorite was his version of Lazy Mary (or Luna Mezzo Mare). It incorporates the line, "Lazy Mary, you better get up, we need the sheets for the table". 

Not sure I ever imagined I'd incorporate bed sheets into my own dining experience, but today's the day I create my own lil' Lou Monte song. Not only is bedding involved, but a shower curtain, too. 

My teenagers are aghast

Blue Taper Candles
My design inspiration came from the bold floral fabric you see acting as a table runner down the middle of the table...which is, in fact, a shower curtain. I found it, brand new, at the thrift store. And it became the basis of this entire design (and I was just drawn to it because...PINK!). Even though it was brand new, I did wash it on the sanitize cycle. I just didn't tell my kids that until one night I announced that we were eating off of a shower curtain from the thrift store. The looks on their faces made it all worth it.

I decided against sewing it, but just folded and pressed it into the middle of the table. In all honesty, it may end up as an actual shower curtain. I just love the bold colors and pattern.

Blue Autumn Ideas
They told me I had taken thrifting too far. And then I informed them that the tablecloth was a bed sheet from the thrift store, too. 

It was also brand new. It's a small ticking pattern. It was a full-sized flat sheet that fit my table perfectly and coordinated beautifully with the shower curtain (I mean table runner, wink).

Pink and Blue Autumn Table Details

Water Bottles for Serving
I have always kept things traditional in here for the fall season (you can see one of my previous gold-themed fall tablescapes here). But once I stumbled upon this shower curtain/table runner, I knew pink was the way to go this year.

Pumpkin Placecards

Pink Roses
And my centerpiece is a big, fluffy bouquet of the prettiest pink roses from my local grocery store. I displayed these in my Sasha Nicholas Champagne Bucket that I purchased when we visited their shop in St. Louis a few years back. 

Dollar Tree Pumpkins
All of the little painted pumpkins on the table were from my tutorial on Chalk-Painted Dollar Tree Pumpkins from back in 2016. These little pumpkins have sure come in handy over the years.

Pink Depression Glass
I was originally going to use my mother's crystal on this table, since it's kind of my standard for this space. However, I stumbled onto these dainty French Pink Swirl depression ware glasses at an antique store over in Salado a few weeks back. I knew they would be perfect for a pink and blue autumn table. I've now put them into our regular rotation of glassware...I love them so much! They were a bit of a splurge, but I think they were completely worth it, considering I'm wanting to change the dining room to more pink tones, anyway. 


China Patterns Used

Royal Doulton Salad Plate
The dishes I used in this tablescape are definitely miss-matched (as you can see in the above photo), but when combined with the entire look, I was really happy with the way these came together. 
  • The smaller salad plates are Royal Doulton's Arcadia pattern. 
  • The larger dinner plates are Spode's Blue and White Italian pattern.

Sometimes my dish hoarding tendencies do pay off.

Fall Tablescape
I used simple pink napkins since there was already a lot of pattern everywhere else. I tend to purchase cloth napkins at estate sales when I find really good quality ones. 

Pink Tablescape
My blue and white candlesticks were from a thrift store several years back. I actually have multiple sets of blue and white ones, but they're my favorite.

Pink Fall Tablescape
You can also see my church plate collection in the corner. It's always a great conversation starter around the dining room table. 

So, what do you think? Would you ever consider non-traditional colors for different seasons? 

Blue Autumn Tablescape


Harvest Home Tour

Harvest Home Tour

I'm so excited to be joining in today as 30 talented bloggers bring you the best of all things home! Please continue along this inspiring Harvest Home tour, and visit the other participants in each of the following categories.
Outdoor Fall Decor Ideas

Foyer Fall Decor Ideas

Fall Mantel Ideas
Fall Tablescapes

Fall Decor Inspiration

Fall Recipe Inspiration

Thanksgiving Tablescape
Wishing you a lovely autumn season.








Would you like to comment?